Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baby cichlids what do I do?

my cichlids just had over 50 babies about five days ago. I am sorry I don't know what kind they are but the small one is black with gray stipes with a little red stripe on the top fin and yellow eyes. the other one is black with gray stripes with a small red stripe on the top fin WITH bright blue dots and yellow eyes and that one is the biggest. all of the babies are smaller than 1/2 of a cenemeter long. the parents are very protective of them. and if a few babies leave the group the parents will scoop them up in their mouths and spit them back out in the group most of the time but sometimes they will eat the babies that leave the group. and when should I start feeding them brine shrimp? I already feed the parents frozen brine and I will see some of the babies eat a piece of brine. and if anyone else knows any info on baby cichlids please tell me asap. thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment