Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Are there health risks in being exposed to wood burners?

My neighbors installed one of the 'new' outdoor woodburners last fall and ever since then our house smells of smoke. The dogs come in smelling smoky. We hang clothes outside to dry...they dry full of the smoky smell. My husband has breathing problems that have escalated 10 fold, I have bloody noses, watery irritated eyes and sore throats and congestion. My husband talked to the neighbor, and he said he thought he might have a problem with the height of his chimney. Well he did have someone put up a taller one but the situation gets worse everyday that we are exposed to this irritant. Even one of my German Shepherds has developed a wheeze, and another one has eyes that run and matter all the time. We have no ordinances against these burners, yet I feel like not only has this neighbor ruined our lives environmentally, he is also threatening our health. Any suggestions at all will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment