Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anyone know much about Shingles and nerve damage?

I just read in a magazine that Shingles can lead to nerve damage, and I think there might be a connection with this problem I have. I got Shingles when I was about 15, which I've heard is rare for young people, but coming up until I had it, whenever I had maybe a slight anxiety attack or even just something minor that stressed me out a little, I'd get like this wave of sharp, burning pin pricks all over my back, so maybe there's a connection there? And also I think I have some nerve damage on the top of my back where the Shingles rash was, because it's kind of numb, yet anything that touches it, say if it's warm feels like it's burning or is slightly cool, feels like ice burn. I thought I had hurt my back at work and that's what caused it, but now I thinking maybe it's from the Shingles? Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment